Co-director Su Guo, PhD
- Co-director, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacogenomics Graduate program
- Professor, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, UCSF School of Pharmacy
Program leadership areas in the Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacogenomics Graduate program:
- Student progress and well-being
- Faculty membership review
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion
- Program Funding/Philanthropy
- Broad Outreach including Social Media
- Student Awards
About my research
The Guo Lab aims to fundamentally understand how the brain works, which is key to treating developmental, degenerative, and psychiatric neurological disorders.
The brain is the central commander of an organism. We seek to answer:
- How is the brain formed and maintained?
- How does the brain control important functions, such as seeking reward, avoiding punishment, and learning?
We use the model organism zebrafish (Danio rerio) together with mammalian pluripotent stem cell models and apply technologies such as molecular and chemical genetics, pharmacogenetics, imaging, computational sciences, and behavioral studies.
UCSF Rock Hall Box 2811
1550 4th St Rm 484D
San Francisco CA 94143
FedEx only: use zip 94158